Works as a team to diagnose heavy equipment and service vehicles issues. Mechanics repair and performs preventative maintenance on all equipment. Mechanics work with site leaders to ensure all equipment on site and in the shop yard are maintained properly and are in working order.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Repairing heavy equipment and vehicles (i.e. – skid steers, GRTs, tractors, dozers, utility vehicle/carts, dump trucks, fork lift, excavators, and telehandlers.)
- Servicing equipment and vehicles
- Traveling to job sites to repair heavy equipment and vehicles
- Communicate with outside sources to repair equipment and vehicles.
- Lifting parts out of equipment and loading parts into equipment
- Maintain inventory on parts
Knowledge and Skills Required
Must be able to decide what problems need to be repaired on equipment and how to so effectively. Mechanics will also determine what parts are needed for repair and order whatever is necessary to complete the job.
Heavy equipment mechanic certification or experience
To submit an application, please use the following link: Submit Application Here